Wednesday, April 11, 2012

GREAT Barrier Island

DAY 1: 
Arriving on a small plane, we finally had got to Great Barrier. In fact, really small! It was a bumy ride when the plane got near Great Barrier and also when passed.

Our plane had just taken off from the airport. Zane, my mum, my nana and I all sat near the front of the plane ( we had a great view). On our ride  we passed many Islands, like Waiheke and Coromandel etc. 

When we landed, my mum took some photos of the plane. Once I got out, I asked my nana, " How are we going to get to the Bed & Breakfast place?". She told me that uncle francie was waiting for us. He drove us back to his house and we had some breakfast. We hadn't had any breakfast, it was just get up and go. 

We pulled into a driveway infront of a really nice big, white house. I saw a sing that said Shoal Bay. We were finally here. Walking inside, I saw a big tv in front of me. We put down our bags and had some breakfast. After that I explored the house. I went upstairs and went round the rooms. Next we had an easter hunt. We got bunnys and lots of small ones. I also got a chick egg from my friend, Gloria. For a while, my brother and I played Crashing Colossus.

Their garden is full of ingredients. Chili's, silverbeet, tomatos, cucumber and all kinds of veges. We also fed some silverbeet to the chickens. They love it! We collected some eggs from their shed too. 

DAY 2:
"Oh... the tides out again!" I said to myself. I wanted to go kayaking. Hopefully it will be high tide soon.

My mum, Zane and I wondered over to the river. We built a damn or bridge to get across but it wasn't that good. I spied some native ducks. My brother hopped across the river to a muddy and quicksand like place. He quickly sank into the mud. I nearly had to rescue him. Luckily he got himself out.

Once we came back. we started to play with a boy named Tristan. We ran up to the treehouse and down again. We also played on the tractor and gave him some chocolate. Then he had to go home.

At around 11: 50 the ferry came in. We nearly caught it here. it looks big from where I am. Red coulor at the bottom and white for the rest of it. My nana, mum and brother decided to walk down. Not me though.

DAY 3:
 "It's 8:00!" I shouted as I pulled the blanket off my mum's blanket. We were supposed to go kayaking. When she finally got up we pulled out the kayaks ready to go. Then breakfast came. 

We sat down to eat, 10 minutes later the tides was nearly out. Dragging the kayaks to the water, I quickly got into it and was nearly ready to go. Suddenly, the tide went out again and my mum had to drag my boat out again. I paddled off with a passenger behind me. We paddled down the side of the road to a little spot with sand. Round the boats we went. I wanted to go under the boat but no. After a while we paddled to the other side of the beach. In the middle of the path we took was a sort of current and lots of wind. My nana and I were the first ones to the little beach on the other side. Slowly paddling back to the little spot, we then lifted then and took them to the top of the beach. We got picked up by the truck and headed back home.

"Oh... 40 minutes walk until the hot pools!" I groaned as we parked. When we were walking some bits seemed like Tahuna Torea because of some of the bridges. After about 50 minutes we finally reached the hot pools. 10 minutes later I had halfway gotten into the pool. It was nice and warm. I tried to build a damn. Their were some mini waterfalls too. Soon we had to go! I had only gotten use to the pool then. I groaned. Quickly hoping out, I dried myself and chucked on my clothes. Another 50 minutes later we had reached the car. I quickly hoped in to the car ready to go. I mean seriously, it was RAINING!

Finally we went out for dinner. We went to the Irish Pub. Obviously me and Zane had the kids meals. We had a cheeseburger and chips combo. Arriving home I quickly hoped out of the car and rushed inside to find 3 boys running around the house. 

DAY 4:
Well, today we got up a decided to go kayaking again. We missed out on breakfast too. But it was a great day to go because the tide was in and their was no wind at all. 

I went by myself this time. It was me in the blue and purple kayak, my nana in the green one and Zane and mum in the blue one. We went out to the wharf and then paddled around their. Over their mum went by herself and Zane went in the green boat. My nana hoped out and watched us. There we played tiggy. First Zane was inH the he went for mum. After that game mum hoped out and my nana hoped in. She took us back to the shore and we played their and then we went out to the point which was near the other bay. It was a bit rocky out there. Soon we came back and hoped out.

As we hoped in the car, I asked where we were going. My mum told me we were going to a part of the Island called Port Fitzroy. It's on the other end of the Island. Their we visited Cafe Motu. 

My nana wanted a coffee. Zane and I scored a milkshake. He had chocolate, I had banana. At the cafe, we also played a game of scrabble for a while. After that we left.

Next we searched for a beach. It took a while. Finally we arrived at a beach called Harataonga beach. At this beach there were lots and lots of seaweed. There were also some sand dunes. My brother and I played on them for a while, then we played in the water. We weren't allowed to get in the water fully so we just played around the shallow part. Around 5:50 we went to the Irish Pub again.

Tommorow we were going on the boat. Around 1:00 we were suppossed to go. I didn't really want to go. 

DAY 5:
"Oh...", I sighed. Today we were leaving. I REALLY didn't want to go,

In the morning we went for a little paddle. My brother, nana and I went around a bit then hoped out. Our boat had arrived. 

As we grabbed our stuff, I finished off the last bit of my chocolate bunny. After about half and hour we packed the car and went down to the wharf, where the boat was waiting. We packed our stuff into a blue container. Next we hoped onto the boat. Overlooking the water, my brother spied a stingray. The boat started to sail off. We went past some Islands. After about 2 hours you could see Rangitoto and the city. Apparently it was raining in Auckland too. While on the boat we watched movies. To get to the theater you had to go down the first flight of stairs which would take you to where the buffet was and also where the toilets were. In the buffet there were another flight of stairs. You would have to go down there and then through the kids play area. This was only 1 though. There was another 1 next to the toilets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.